Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Recovery, Reform and Restructure...Oh My!

Today's economy seems to be getting messier by the minute, and as a prospective businesswomen, that scares me. I want to be able to go into an industry that I find to be very interesting with a confidence that knows not all of the money out there will go to waste, or get lost.
I find the new stimulus packages that the government has been creating to be a tad bit optimistic in the economic future, but it also worries me. The economic stimulus plan has been designed to create many new jobs. I feel that if new jobs are created, then where is the money going to come from to pay them? So many businesses have already shut down, or are near the breaking point, and do not have money to help the new salaries needing to be created for the new jobs. I also do not find it fair to take from the people who are more prosperous in order to obtain the money needed for the new jobs. Many people who are in the top 1% have worked very hard to develop their stability, and when their taxes are raised, they lose money and although it may not be that much to some, their hard earned money has the possibilty of going to someone who has not tried, and that just does not seem very fair to me.
With the stimulus, I do think that health care and education are to very good things that have been addressed, and it does not bother me at all if taxes need to be raised in order to better these two very important systems. I feel that if the education program is more technologically advanced, then that will give our next generation more knowledge which should hopefully keep the United States out of the crisis that we currently are in. I also think that the health care stimulus package is very important, and I hope that Congress is able to efficiently work through it and get everything done as soon as they can. I know with many things, it takes a long time on agreement but hopefully the lawmakers can be unselfish and greedy on a few things and all agree on something that is very important to society.
Overall, I think that the economic reform should help America, and I truly hope that the people who are saying our current times is not even at the trough of the economic cycle and that we have even worse times ahead is wrong. I put all my faith into the government to get us out of this crazy mess that we have put ourselves in without too many more consequences.

1 comment:

Sn said...

In the commentary titled, Recovery, Reform and Restructure ... Oh My!, there were many crucial points that I want to discuss. First, as the author clearly points out that our economy had been getting worse and worse and even though the stimulus package create some optimism, it is still every frustrated.
The author raises the questions of the money resources that will pay for the newly created jobs through the stimulus package. It is to my understanding that most of the money of the package are granted toward states for public constructions and other economic options. Most of the programs that are created by the package will create and pay for the jobs at the general costs in the grant. So I believe that the new jobs are both create and pay for my the stimulus package since you can not create a job without paying the salary!
Another issues that the author points out is the aggressive tax for the top 1% of the population. It is reasonable for the author to view this as unfair even though it may not seem much to those millionaires. However, as Bill Gate first rule said " The world is not fair". I believe that it is the absolute truth. I think that the to tax the top 1% of the population more may not be completely fair but it is reasonable. Who else would you tax then if not the people who have the most extra?
If we are talking about fairness in reality, how is it fair for the government to bail out the many companies just because they are too big to fell? It is the American tax payers who have to pay for the consequences of those top 1% population's irresponsible and negligence. Therefore, I strongly believe that the aggressive tax will balance out the fairness between the advantages receive by both the rich and the poor.
Overall, I agree with the author that the government should focus more on future advance educations to prevent such recessions. Also, I believe that with great deliberations and taking careful precautions, the Congress will work out the new health care reform which benefits the general public more then special interests. Lets have faith in them and hope for a better future.